How to sign documents in Gmail
As you read this, odds are that you are still working from home and struggling to juggle work and personal life. Should you first manage the multiple tabs open on your work device, file a performance review or take Toto out for a walk? So much to do, so little time. In the midst of all this, you receive a bunch of emails on your Gmail account, with important sales documents that need to be signed asap. Since you are unlikely to have the bandwidth to even open up an eSignature app to approve the document, the option to digitally sign documents in Gmail using a Gmail add-on itself would really help.Signeasy’s Add-on for Google Workspace was revealed at Google Cloud Next ‘19 to demonstrate how Google Workspace users can streamline their document signing workflows, all from within theGoogle Workspace apps they already use daily. Signeasy's electronic signature for Gmail is one of our most popular add-ons - amongst our growing web of Google integrations that improves efficiency of online contract signing workflow. Gmail users can officially sign and send documents without leaving their inbox, or their homes! Thus, it cuts down on wasted time and abolishes cumbersome paperwork.The Signeasy add-on enables you to instantly add a signature, date, name, and any number of other fields directly to any file attachment within Gmail, and then re-attach the signed document in a reply to the original email thread – from within the side panel.
Installing the Gmail electronic signature add-on
When you download this Signeasy add-on, unparalleled productivity will be yours for the taking: you will be able to sign documents or send them out for signature without ever leaving Gmail!But, first you need to install the Gmail electronic signature solution. Just follow the next few steps to get Signeasy for Gmail linked to your email inbox:
- To install Signeasy Gmail Add-on, head to our listing on Google Workspace Marketplace. Alternatively, you may open the Google Workspace Marketplace from within your Gmail via the + icon on the toolbar.
- Clicking on the + icon opens the Google Workspace Marketplace within Gmail. Type in "https://signeasy.com/blog" in the search bar to find us.
- Click on "Install". A modal asking for permissions will pop up. Click on "Continue" to proceed.
- That's it! The add-on is installed and you can easily access it through the sidebar on your Gmail inbox.
Steps to sign documents in Gmail with Signeasy
With this email signature integration, we give over 1.5 billion active Gmail users the power to electronically sign their important documents, all from the comfort of their preferred email app.
You can use the Gmail add-on to:
- Sign an online document yourself
- Request a signature from others
Additionally, you can download or attach the signed file to the existing thread directly.Here is how users can streamline their document signing workflows, from within the G-Suite apps they already use daily:
Signing an attachment
- After logging in, the attachments (if any) in the currently open email will automatically be fetched by the Gmail electronic signature add-on.
- Click on “Sign Yourself”, Signeasy will open in a new tab.
- Click on “Finish” when done. You will automatically be redirected to Gmail when done.
- After signing the e-contract you have an option to:
- Download the file
- Attach & Reply
- Sign another document
- Rate us
Sending an attachment for signature
- After logging in, the attachments (if any) in the currently open email will automatically be fetched by the add-on.
- Click on “Request Signature”, Signeasy will open in a new tab. Fill up the necessary information and send the signature request.
- Once sent, you will be redirected into Gmail automatically.
Your email inbox is the hub of our daily hustle. To aid you in getting through these emails faster, Signeasy has placed the e-signature solution at your fingertips via Gmail. Download the Signeasy app and then Install the Signeasy for Google Workspace extension today to actually improve business productivity.